by Alexia Amvrazi
Travel takes us away from both the familiarity and ordinariness of our home to new environments, skylines, moods, aromas, flavors, and feelings. Whether you’re traveling into the light and clouds on an airplane, experiencing dry air, white noise and limited movement for one to many hours or being spritzed by cool seawater and dazzled by the hot sunshine aboard a sailboat or yacht, making the best of that time to stay rested and renewed is essential. Here we offer you some of the best expert tricks for a 360-degree travel-bliss experience.
Top Tips for Travel Beauty During & After
- Remaining well-hydrated at all times, but especially during travel is a top priority. Drink plenty of water, herbal teas, and juices high in antioxidants, vitamin C and B vitamins. A must-have in your daily bag is a small-size refreshing facial mist that hydrates and replenishes the skin while offering you an invigorating “ah” moment.
- Wear a lightweight, easily-absorbed cream or oil to keep your skin hydrated and protected from the dry air or an airplane or the wind and sun on a boat. Opuntia Luxury Oils will keep your skin perfectly moisturized, protected from environmental factors, balanced and glowing. Breathe in the deeply soothing aromas to also enjoy a sense of inner balance, tranquility, and positivity. You can also apply a few drops to your hands and hair to keep them smooth and delightfully fragrant.
- Talking of dreamy aromas, it’s also handy to carry a bottle or roll-on of your favorite essential oil to relax or uplift you - rose, lavender, frankincense, and jasmine are incredibly calming while lemon, peppermint, orange, tangerine and basil clear the mind and rebalance the nervous system.
- If you’re wearing any, keep make-up as light and breathable as possible. If you need extra coverage opt for a tinted CC cream with a highlighting effect rather than a cloying foundation and/or caky powder, and an organic lip balm or gloss to keep your lips juicy and moist.
- Sleep it out: try to get plenty of zzz’s before, during and after your travels for fresh eyes and skin, a good mood, high energy, and a healthy metabolism. It’s well worth bringing along a luxury silk and cashmere or pure silk eye mask and a super comfy travel pillow like the TRLT.
- Watch what you eat as well as what you drink before and during your trip; alcohol, caffeine, sugary or oily foods and sodium-rich foods like salted nuts are best avoided as they cause dehydration and nervousness.
Keep Calm and Travel Happy
If you get anxiety when traveling, have a few clever and not clunky items at hand to save the day. Bach’s Rescue Remedy, made from flower essences, is available as a mouth spray, pastilles or drops and can literally reverse anything from a panic attack to an iffy mood.
Take a few of your favorite high-tech gadgets with you too, like noise-canceling headphones by a reliable brand like Sennheiser, Bose or Sony help to shut out the white - or any other shade - noise and keep you in your own blissful cocoon.
Finally, to boost your circulation and prevent you from getting cramped and knotted, learn a simple blood-oxygenating breathing exercise like Dr Weil’s 4-7-8. Breathing deeply and consciously detoxifies the blood and clears the mind, while also calming the heart.
Remember to stretch every 45 mins to an hour: roll your head around, curl your shoulders up and back and walk up and down while consciously stretching your legs and feet. If you don’t have any privacy, head to the WC for some extras - wiggle your hips, flex your spine and fold over your knees and hang upside down for a moment! Your body will thank you for it.